Reporting Android App Errors
In order to track down the bug you experienced in our error logs, we need to know a few key bits of info:
1) The exact Date + Time the error last occurred.
Example: 7/22 4:52pm
2) Android Version Number
Example: Android 9
3) Model Number
4) Landgrid App Version Number
- The Model Number will never change, so you’ll only need to get it once if you can associate it with a single Surveyor or device.
- The Android Version will change occasionally.
- The Date+Time and Landgrid Version Number is needed for every bug.
- Below is the process for getting the Android Version Number, the Model Number, and the Landgrid App Version Number.
Get Android Version + Model Number
1) Click on the Settings Icon
2) Click System at the bottom of the Settings Panel.
3) Click About Phone
4) Write down the Version Number
5) Click Model & Hardware which is also on on the About Phone screen.
6) Write down the Model Number
Get Landgrid App Version
1) Open the Landgrid App and Log in.
2) Navigate to Profile
3) Write down the Landgrid Version Number at the bottom of the screen. Example: 1.15.0
Submit Your Bug
Here’s a template you can use to submit your bug.
What Happened: Date and Time: Android Version Number: Model Number: Landgrid App Version Number: